quinta-feira, julho 14, 2005

trecho do filme "waking life"

para quem ainda não viu o filme, recomenda-se, para quem já viu e quer relembrar os diálogos, estão aqui

vou transcrever o meu trecho favorito do filme, e gostava muito que me dessem o vosso feedback...

"The reason why I refuse to take existentialism as just another French fasion, or historical curiosity, is that I think it has something very important to offer us for the new century.
I'm afraid we're losing the real virtues of living life passionately, in the sense of taking responsibility for who you are, the ability to make something of yourself and feeling good about life.
Existentialism is often discussed as if it's a philosophy of dispair, but I think the truth is just the opposite.
Sartre [an existentialist philosopher] once interviewed said he never really felt a day of dispair in his life.
The one thing that comes out from reading these guys is not a sense of anguish about life, so much as a real kind of exuberance, of feeling on top of it.
It's like, your life is yours to create.

I've read the post-modernists with some interest, even admiration.
But, when I read them I always have this awful, nagging feeling like something absolutely essential is being left out.
The more that you talk about a person as a social construction, or as a confluence of forces, or as fragmented or marginalized, what you do is you open up a whole new world of excuses.
When Sartre talks about responsibility, he's not talking about something abstract.
He's not talking about the kind of self or soul that theologians would argue about.
It's something very concrete;
It's you and me talking, making decisions, doing things and taking the consequences."